NU310-4: Determine the ethical principles necessary to protect human subjects and avoid scientific misconduct in research.
PC 2.3: Demonstrate integrity through the application of relevant codes of conduct and social responsibility within one’s profession.
Ethics Handout Project:
For this assignment you will create a colorful handout that you will post on a bulletin board in your staff lounge or disseminate to work colleagues to inform them of ethical conduct in human research and protection of participants.
Be creative with the handout using color and make it interesting.
I. Content of the Handout:
- Include a brief historical overview of ethics and the need for human protection
(for example the Belmont Report and how it came about).
- Include legal and ethical issues relevant to nursing research.
- Briefly state the role of the Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- Procedures for protecting individuals:
- Informed consent.
- Identify vulnerable or at risk participants and explain special considerations.
- Privacy and confidentiality issues.
- Justice and fair treatment of research participants.
- The RN’s role in protecting human subjects.
- Section containing frequently asked questions concerning protection of human subjects with answers provided.
II. Presentation of Handout
- Name and credentials at the bottom.
- The handout should have attractive formatting that is legible and well-organized and is presented with a mix of interesting graphics along with text.
- Handout should be colorful and interesting and well organized.
- Spelling, grammar, and punctuation should be correct throughout the document.
- Provide at least 5 scholarly references and list them in APA format on a separate document.
"Do you have an upcoming essay or assignment due?
Get any topic done in as little as 6 hours
Get Assignment Writing Help
Our experts are ready to complete your assignment, course work. essay, test, dissertation, research paper, quizGet Started
All of our assignments are originally produced, unique, and free of plagiarism.
Stuck with a Question?
Get it solved from our top experts within 8 hrs!Ask Your Question Now!