As a future advanced practice nurse, it is important that you are able to connect your classroom experience to your practicum experience. By applying the concepts you study in the classroom to clinical settings, you enhance your professional competency. Each week, you complete an Assignment that prompts you to reflect on your practicum experiences and relate them to the material presented in the classroom. This week, you begin documenting your practicum experiences in your Practicum Journal.
In preparation for this course’s practicum experience, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
· Select one nursing theory and one counseling theory to best guide your practice
Note: For guidance on nursing and counseling theories, refer to this week’s
· Explain why you selected these theories. Support your approach with evidence-
· Develop at least three goals and at least three objectives for the practicum
experience in this course.
· Create a timeline of practicum activities based on your practicum requirements.
PLEASE ACCORDING TO THE INSTRUCTOR:
- Student, the objectives for this assignment were:
- Select one nursing theory and one counseling theory to best guide your practice in psychotherapy.
- Note: For guidance on nursing and counseling theories, refer to this week’s Learning Resources.
- Explain why you selected these theories. Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
- Develop at least three goals and at least three objectives for the practicum experience in this course.
- Create a timeline of practicum activities based on your practicum requirements.
NOTE: THE Practicum Journal Template (Word document) IS ATTACHED WITH
Wheeler, K. (Ed.). (2014). Psychotherapy for the advanced practice psychiatric nurse: A how-to guide for evidence-based practice. New York, NY: Springer.
- Chapter 11, “Group Therapy” (pp. 407–428)
Nichols, M. (2014). The essentials of family therapy (6th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
- Chapter 1, “The Foundations of Family Therapy” (pp. 1–6)
- Chapter 2, “The Evolution of Family Therapy” (pp. 7–28)
Breeskin, J. (2011). Procedures and guidelines for group therapy. The Group Psychologist, 21(1). Retrieved from http://www.apadivisions.org/division-49/publications/newsletter/group-psychologist/2011/04/group-procedures.aspx
Khawaja, I. S., Pollock, K., & Westermeyer, J. J. (2011). The diminishing role of psychiatry in group psychotherapy: A commentary and recommendations for change. Innovations in Clinical Neuroscience, 8(11), 20–23. Retrieved from http://innovationscns.com/
Koukourikos, K., & Pasmatzi, E. (2014). Group therapy in psychotic inpatients. Health Science Journal, 8(3), 400–408. Retrieved from http://www.hsj.gr/medicine/group-therapy-in-psychotic-inpatients.php?aid=2644
Lego, S. (1998). The application of Peplau’s theory to group psychotherapy. Journal of Psychiatric & Mental Health Nursing, 5(3), 193–196. doi:10.1046/j.1365-2850.1998.00129.x
McClanahan, K. K. (2014). Can confidentiality be maintained in group therapy? Retrieved from http://nationalpsychologist.com/2014/07/can-confidentiality-be-maintained-in-group-therapy/102566.html
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. (2014). HIPAA privacy rule and sharing information related to mental health. Retrieved from http://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/special/mhguidancepdf.p
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper
Get Assignment Writing Help
Our experts are ready to complete your assignment, course work. essay, test, dissertation, research paper, quizGet Started
Stuck with a Question?
Get it solved from our top experts within 8 hrs!Ask Your Question Now!