3. What is the practical goal of service of process? What are the federal and your state time limits for service? Gaining Jurisdiction and to provide notice.
4. What are long-arm statutes? What injustice do they attempt to remedy?
5. What classes of persons and businesses will the long-arm statute reach in your state? What is (are) the method(s) of service required to comply with the long-arm statutes in your state?
6. Define in rem and quasi in rem jurisdiction. Who is served process in an in rem action?
7. How is service of process generally achieved in your state court system? What items are needed?
Get Assignment Writing Help
Our experts are ready to complete your assignment, course work. essay, test, dissertation, research paper, quizGet Started
8. Define substituted and constructive service of process.
9. What are five techniques or sources for locating hard-to-find defendants?
10. How does a paralegal keep good records of service?
11. What is a default judgment? What is the benefit to the plaintiff of a default judgment?
12. What are the applicable rules and procedures for obtaining a default judgment? How and why may a default judgment be set aside?
Obtain fee schedules for the federal state, and local courts, including fees state, and local courts, including fees as well as fees for the filing of subsequent pleadings and motions (state of VA)
1. What is a motion? State the purposes of motions in general.
2. 2. What are the requirements for a motion under federal and your state rules? Identify the particular rules apply
.3. What is the purpose of a supporting affidavit in motion practice? A supporting memorandum of law? What is the difference between the two?
4. Describe the detailed procedure for filing and serving motions. What federal and state rules apply?
5. What is a motion to dismiss? What purpose does it serve?
6. What is a demurrer? What purpose does it serve?
7. What method should you use to determine the weaknesses in a complaint subject to a motion to dismiss the complaint? Explain how the method works.
8. Explain the procedure, applicable rules, and time deadlines for filing and serving a motion to dismiss in both federal and your state courts.
9. What are the other Rule 12(b) motions? Must they be made separately?
10. What are the other motions attacking the complaint? State their purposes.
11. When may an action be removed to federal district court? What is the correct procedure and what form is needed to remove an action to federal court?
12. What is the purpose of the answer? When must it be filed? What rule is applicable?
13. Be able to list style and content considerations for drafting an answer, including those that apply to denials.
14. What are the components of an answer and define each of them. What is the procedure for locating the possible defenses to a claim?
15. What is the purpose of the following: third- party practice, amending and supplemen ing the pleadings, a motion for judgment on the pleadings, and a motion for summary judgment?
Locate in your state rules the requirements, procedures, and time limits that apply to motions. Write a checklist for drafting, filing, and serving motions for both state and federal court, and place it in your systems folder. Verify the time limits pertaining to motions in the Pleadings, (State VA)
Stuck with a Question?
Get it solved from our top experts within 8 hrs!Ask Your Question Now!